Acne is a skin condition which many people experience multiple times in their life. It can be cured at home if it is not too strong but if the acne is severe, one may need help from a skin specialist.
Usually people think of acne is another name of pimples but acne actually represents a group of skin conditions. Some of which are listed below:
- Blackheads: These are tiny little bumps that are black in color. The usually appear where the skin is the oiliest. It is filled with oil, bacteria and debris that get collected on your skin.
- Whiteheads: These have properties similar to blackheads but they’re white in color and if they burst, you could experience skin inflammation and scars.
- Papules/Pimples: It is a solid bump which rises a little and can be red, pink or brown in color. They can also breakout in groups and clusters and can itch a little.
- Pustules: These are inflamed pimples and look quite similar to whiteheads, along with an irritating red shade around the pimple. Popping these types of pimples is extremely harmful to the skin as they will leave scars and dark spots on the skin which are tough to get rid of.
- Cysts: These are large and are filled with pus, they look similar to boils. They are also one of the most painful types of acne and is considered a severe kind of acne.
Fenugreek is a herb which is used in India the most. The taste of the Fenugreek seeds and leaves is like maple syrup and so, it is used as a medicine and is an ingredient in many dishes as well. The fine taste of the herb makes it easy to use it without having to dilute it or hide its taste with other herbs.
Fenugreek and Aloe Vera Mask:
- In a small amount of warm water, add two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. Let this mixture soak overnight.
- In the morning, add two teaspoons of Aloe Vera gel in it and blend the mixture to paste.
- Apply this mask on your face and let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes then rinse your face.
Fenugreek, Honey and Milk
- Mix together some fenugreek seeds and honey. Then add warm milk and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the acne gently and rinse after 15 minutes.
These remedies work better than over the counter acne healing products.