What is it?
Gentian violet is a purple dye that comes from coal tar that has been used for many years as an antifungal agent for treating types of fungus infections in side of the mouth
What is Thrush?
It’s a white rash in the mouth that results from candida that results from fungus. Certain medical conditions can cause thrush, medications or even stress.
How to Use gentian for thrush
Gentian violet, in a 1%water based solution:
- Get a cotton ball or a tip. Dip the q tip or cotton ball into the gentian violet.
- Apply inside your cheeks, gums, tongue and roof of mouth and under your tongue.
- For each application use a fresh q tip or cotton ball .
- Apply before you eat.
Tips For using Gentian For Thrush
- You can use gentian violet for once a day for a period of 4-6 days but never past seven days
- Avoid swallowing the medicine.
- Follow instructions of the label for usage and dosage
- Avoid getting gentian violet on clothing
Before Using This Medicine
- If you are allergic to any substance consult your health professional before usage
- If Pregnant-no precautions to take
- Nursing women-no problems to report
- Children-Generally safe to use for children as for adults
- Older adults- Studies with usage of this medicine for older adults have not been conducted; no side effects reported
- Notify you doctor if you have any other medical problems before using this medicine
To store this medicine:
- Do not freeze.
Keep out of the reach of children.
- Keep out of direct heat and light.
- Do not keep or use outdated medicine.