Treatment with Jimson Weed for Asthmatic Patients
Health problems related to the lungs and the respiratory system are very common amongst people of all ages. These kinds of diseases target people of all age groups, especially those who live in cold or polluted areas. People affected by these problems mostly resolve to science based medicines and treatment methods. Although, study shows that these methods are known for causing various side effects such as excessive sleepiness, drowsiness, fatigue etc. Due to the side effects, an increased number of people are using various herbal remedies for lung diseases as they show side effects very rarely. Some herbs may cause allergic reactions but they are rarely severe. In case of experiencing any allergic reactions after using them, do consult a doctor.
Typical Symptoms of Asthma
- Difficulty in breathing and uncomfortable breathing rhythm.
- Wheezing in chest while breathing.
- Short breath and unable to breathe deeply.
- Cough during activities such as running, laughing, etc.
- Tightening feeling in the chest.
Asthma is usually genetically inherited and is a chronic disease. The disease occurs when the chest and lungs get clogged with excess mucus and toxics and is majorly caused due to an unhealthy diet and malnutrition. A person who has asthma must maintain a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables. Yoga and meditation are also good methods of keeping the respiratory system stable.
More than half of the people suffering from asthma are said to experience asthmatic attacks mostly due to allergic reactions.
Jimson weed is another name of the plant Datura Stramonium. It was first discovered in Mexico and since then, it is produces in many regions. This herb has a bitter nauseating taste which makes it tough to use by people but due to its countless benefits, it is still a key ingredient in many natural treatment methods. Jimson Weed has to be taken with great care as wrong way of using it can lead to side effects such as hallucination. This herb is mostly used by:
- Patients suffering from respiratory diseases such as whooping cough, asthma, bronchitis.
- It also helps benefit patients suffering from heart diseases, muscle spasms.
- This herb helps soothe mental problems such as Parkinson’s disease, Epilepsy, etc.
Inhaling Jimson Weed
To help soothe all types of cough and asthma symptoms, patients mostly prefer inhaling Jimson Weed fumes as it directly passes into the lungs. The method is given below:
- A small amount of dried Jimson Weed leaves.
- Burn the leaves well so you can see smoke rising from the leaves.
- Keep your face close to the leaves but not too close. Inhale the fumes of the burning Jimson Weed.
Jimson Weed Bath
Relaxing in a hot bath with a few leaves of Jimson Weed added in the water helps to relax your overall health and soothes asthma and cough sensation.
You’ll feel relaxation and improvement in breathing rhythm within two hours of using the Jimson Weed herb.
IMPORTANT: herb shall NOT be ingested as it can be poisonous and cause hallucination. Only used externally and for inhaling.