Mullein for Asthmatic Patients
Health problems related to the lungs and the respiratory system are very common amongst people of all ages. These kinds of diseases target people of all age groups, especially those who live in cold or polluted areas. People affected by these problems mostly resolve to science based medicines and treatment methods. Although, study shows that these methods are known for causing various side effects such as excessive sleepiness, drowsiness, fatigue etc. Due to the side effects, an increased number of people are using various herbal remedies for lung diseases as they show side effects very rarely. Some herbs may cause allergic reactions but they are rarely severe. In case of experiencing any allergic reactions after using them, do consult a doctor.
Typical Symptoms of Asthma
- Difficulty in breathing and uncomfortable breathing rhythm.
- Wheezing in chest while breathing.
- Short breath and unable to breathe deeply.
- Cough during activities such as running, laughing, etc.
- Tightening feeling in the chest.
Asthma is usually genetically inherited and is a chronic disease. The disease occurs when the chest and lungs get clogged with excess mucus and toxics and is majorly caused due to an unhealthy diet and malnutrition. A person who has asthma must maintain a healthy diet that includes lots of fruits and vegetables. Yoga and meditation are also good methods of keeping the respiratory system stable.
More than half of the people suffering from asthma are said to experience asthmatic attacks mostly due to allergic reactions.
Using Mullein to Cure Asthma
Method 1: Mullein Tea
Mullein tea helps soothe asthma as is helps to bring up the phlegm. Most people us the following herbal remedy to heal their asthma:
- Combine dried mullein leaves with dried sage in a cup.
- Boil a cup of water and pour it over the herbs.
- Steep it in hot water for half an hour.
- Strain the tea and drink it regularly.
Method 2: Mullein Infusion
To make herbal tea of Mullein, you would need dried up Mullein leaves.
- Set 2 teaspoons of dried Mullein leaves in a cup.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour it in the cup, over the dried Mullein leaves.
- Steep for 15 minutes and then filter the tea to remove the Mullein leaves.
You may add a small amount of honey to the tea as users often describe the taste of Mullein as unpleasant like ‘hay’. The honey will help to sweeten the drink.
This herbal tea will help soothe your breathing difficulty and clear the congestion in your chest.
Mullein tea just doesn’t help with chest problems but also helps to cure many other diseases such as lung related problems, diarrhea, migraines and headaches and bronchial inflammation. Mullein is also mashed and applied on wounds as it helps to keep bacteria away and soothe the wound.
People who have used this herb have appreciated it and a high percentage of Mullein users approved it as an effective herb.