Most Common Lung Problems that Smoking Causes
The increasing number of people who resort to smoking cigarettes and getting into its habit has caused a rise in respiratory problems amongst people. The most common lung diseases that are a result of cigarette addiction are asthma, chest infections, chest cold, severe cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
There are easy precautions that a person can take in order to avoid lung diseases as much as possible:
Refrain from smoking as much as you can, stay active and exercise a lot include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet and make sure the environment at your home and work area is healthy. In case you work in an unhealthy environment, wear a surgical mask so you can stay protected from bacteria.
Side Effects of Smoking
- Stomach and intestines problems such as irritation and inflammation.
- Ulcers growing along the digestive tract.
- Smelling and tasting senses weaken.
- Skin wrinkles at a young age and lip darken.
- Cough fits and bad breath.
- High risk of lung cancer for regular smokers.
Mullein is a type of a weed which grows in many parts of the world. It’s most common use is for medical problems related to lungs. Since a long time, mullein has been used people to treat various problems related to the lungs and respiratory system. Respiratory problems are majorly caused due to smoking and so, mullein is used a lot by smokers. Some of the benefits of mullein are given below:
- Many mullein tea users have reported that this herb has helped them quit their smoking habit. Research proves this is possible as mullein clears away toxins and mucus stuck in the lungs. Mullein has been used by many people who attempted to quit smoking but failed but this herb helped them succeed.
- One of the most common lung problems is the chest cold which affects people easily, especially during winter seasons. Mullein herbal tea is the best remedy to help you cure this cold.
- Mullein tea is also used by people who suffer from severe cough. This herb cures all kinds of coughs such as dry cough, whooping cough, etc.
- Aside from lung problems, Mullein tea is also proved to soothe urinary tract problems.
- Many people have tried Mullein leaves as a pain killer. Placing the leaves on the affected area relieves a lot of pain.
Mullein can be used by smokers through the following methods:
- Combine dried mullein leaves with dried sage in a cup.
- Boil a cup of water and pour it over the herbs.
- Steep it in hot water for half an hour.
- Strain the tea and drink it regularly.
To make herbal tea of Mullein, you would need dried up Mullein leaves.
- Set 2 teaspoons of dried Mullein leaves in a cup.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour it in the cup, over the dried Mullein leaves.
- Steep for 15 minutes and then filter the tea to remove the Mullein leaves.