Treating Lung Problems with Mullein tea
Lung problems or respiratory diseases are common amongst people of all ages. These kinds of diseases do not make people of a specific age group their victim. Patients mostly resolve to science based medicines and treatment methods but these methods are known for causing various side effects such as excessive sleepiness, drowsiness, fatigue etc. Due to these disturbing side effects, more and more people are trying herbal remedies for lung diseases as they show side effects very rarely. Some herbs may cause allergic reactions but they are rarely severe. In case of experiencing any allergic reactions after using them, do consult a doctor.
Most Common Lung Problems and How to Prevent Them
The air pollution in today’s world due to increased traffic, global warming and pollution emitted by factory chimneys has caused a rise in respiratory problems amongst people. The most common lung diseases are asthma, chest infections, chest cold, severe cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc.
There are easy precautions that a person can take in order to avoid lung diseases as much as possible:
Refrain from smoking, stay active and exercise a lot include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet and make sure the environment at your home and work area is healthy. In case you work in an unhealthy environment, wear a surgical mask so you can stay protected from bacteria.
Mullein Tea to Cure Various Lung Problems
Mullein is a type of a weed which grows in many parts of the world. It’s most common use is for medical problems related to lungs. Since a long time, mullein has been used people to treat various problems related to the lungs and respiratory system.
- Many mullein tea users have reported that this herb has helped them quit their smoking habit. Research proves this is possible as mullein clears away toxins and mucus stuck in the lungs. Mullein has been used by many people who attempted to quit smoking but failed but this herb helped them succeed.
- One of the most common lung problems is the chest cold which affects people easily, especially during winter seasons. Mullein herbal tea is the best remedy to help you cure this cold.
- Mullein tea is also used by people who suffer from severe cough. This herb cures all kinds of coughs such as dry cough, whooping cough, etc.
- Aside from lung problems, Mullein tea is also proved to soothe urinary tract problems.
- Many people have tried Mullein leaves as a pain killer. Placing the leaves on the affected area relieves a lot of pain.
How to Use Mullein Tea for Lungs
To make herbal tea of Mullein, you would need dried up Mullein leaves.
- Set 2 teaspoons of dried Mullein leaves in a cup.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour it in the cup, over the dried Mullein leaves.
- Steep for 15 minutes and then filter the tea to remove the Mullein leaves.
You may add honey for taste.