Senna is a tropical plant and a herbal laxative and stimulant.
What is Constipation?
Constipation is characterized by having large, hard and dry stool or alack of regular bowel movements. This usually occurs when the diet lacks fiber and fluids.
Causes of Constipation
Reasons why people get constipated include:
- Unhealthy diet:If you consume lots of processed foods like meat, cheese, frozen meals, and white bead this will lead to constipation. Incorporate more vegetables, fruits, and herbs into your diet to prevent and treat constipation.
- Not enough exercise. Not enough physical activity can cause your digestive system to become backed up.
- Stress. Stress can contribute to constipation
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Ignoring the natural urge. When you feel the need to go to the bathroom you should go. If you hold it in, it can cause constipation..
- Certain medications. Sometimes, medications can lead to constipation.
How senna tea helps with constipation
Senna tea is an excellent natural remedy for constipation. It works by extracting water in the intestines this allows the feces to pass though easily. Once you ingest the senna tea it will take up to 8 to 12 hours for you to have a bowel movement.
How to use Senna Tea For Constipation
- Take Two senna tea leaf bags( put them into a standard coffee cup size)
- Before taking the tea you may want to eat high fiber foods like whole gains, fruits and vegetable and drink plenty of water to help ease your bowel movements.
- Get active by exercising to increase the quickness and ease of the bowel movements.
- Best to take in early evening or late night
Senna is generally safe and well tolerated, but can cause adverse events including clinically apparent liver injury when used in high doses for longer than recommended periods.